Terms and Conditions 2024
- Tickets are priced at £30 each.
- There are no concessionary prices relating to age (see section below re children).
- The ticket price includes return boat fare from Poole Quay to Brownsea Island only via Brownsea Island Ferries Ltd (yellow boats) and only at the times specified on the tickets.
- With a valid ticket there is no landing fee to pay upon arrival at Brownsea Island.
Ticket Procedures for 2024
- Tickets will be on sale online from March 1 2024 via the BOAT website (www.brownsea-theatre.co.uk) or via BH Live direct
- There will be no bookings by post in 2024. Patrons who are unable to order online should contact the BOAT Box Office by email ([email protected]) or by leaving an answerphone message on the BOAT Box Office phone (07845 782924). BOAT will then contact you back to make alternative arrangements for the purchase.
- All tickets ordered online will be sent by email. Each ticket once received must be printed off individually to be shown on Poole Quay before boarding Brownsea Island Ferries. They must also be presented at the point of entrance at the theatre on Brownsea Island before entering the auditorium.
- Patrons will not be allowed to board the boat at Poole Quay by simply showing any proof of purchase information displayed on a mobile phone or any other device.
- Proof of identity and purchase will be needed for patrons who turn up on Poole Quay without their printed tickets.
- Failure to have printed e-tickets to show on Poole Quay could delay the ticket holder from boarding the boat for Brownsea Island as printed tickets would need to be sorted and provided.
- BOAT, supported by BH Live has a no refund policy. Patrons who order online have the option to pay an ‘insurance’ fee in case they need to cancel.
- Online sales are managed by BH Live. Credit/debit cards may be used for payment. All payment details are confidential between the customer and BH Live. BOAT will not have access to any payment details. BOAT will be supplied with the purchasing patron’s name, seat details and necessary contact details only.
- Patrons will be able to select online the seats they wish to sit in, subject to availability
- All sales incur a flat £3.00 transaction fee (irrespective of how many tickets are involved in that sale) There are no other costs to pay.
- All tickets that are provided via email must be printed off individually as they will need to be shown when boarding a boat at Poole Quay and at the theatre on Brownsea Island.
- For any questions following any online booking made, patrons need to contact BH Live (https://www.bhlivetickets.co.uk/contact-us)
- Tickets, subject to availability, can be booked online up until 2:00pm on the day of the scheduled performance. Anyone wishing for tickets after that time will need to contact the BOAT Box Office telephone answer service (07845 782924)
- Should any scheduled performance be cancelled any available tickets for the contingency performance (that will take place instead) will NOT be available online. Patrons would need to telephone the BOAT Box Office (07845 782924)
In person in advance, at Bournemouth Pavilion Ticket Office.
- These can only be purchased during ticket office opening hours (see https://www.bournemouthpavilion.co.uk/help-centre for details)
- Payment can be made by Credit/Debit Card
- For any questions relating to in person bookings patrons need to contact BH Live (https://www.bournemouthpavilion.co.uk/contact-us)
- Tickets, subject to availability, can be booked in person up until 1pm on the day of the scheduled performance date. Anyone wishing for tickets after that time will need to contact BOAT Box Office telephone answer service (07845 782924)
- Should any scheduled performance be cancelled any available tickets for the contingency performance (that will take place instead) will NOT be available at Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre. Patrons would need to telephone the BOAT Box Office (07845 782924)
In person on performance days (by cash only), on Poole Quay
- These can only be purchased on Poole Quay (where the boats go the Island) between 4:00pm and 6:00pm on performance nights.
- Patrons are advised to check availability in advance on the BOAT website or telephone answer service as performances may sell out in advance.
The following restrictions apply and are the responsibility of the purchaser to note (for all his/her party)
- BOAT productions are not recommended for children under 10. Due to insurance restrictions CHILDREN UNDER 6 CANNOT be accommodated. Anyone inadvertently purchasing ticket(s) for any child(ren) under 6 should contact BOAT or BH Live as soon as possible.
- People with Limited Mobility need to be aware of the following policy specified by Brownsea Island Ferries Ltd before ordering tickets:-
“We welcome disabled customers on board our vessels, but for safe access a small degree of mobility is needed by everyone. Due to the jetty and vessel design, adults who use wheelchairs must be able to walk (assisted if necessary) just a few steps for access at boarding gates, as crews are not permitted to lift occupied wheelchairs. Each wheelchair must be accompanied by an attendant to assist a disabled person in the event of an emergency on board. In all cases the number of wheelchairs that may be carried is at the absolute discretion of the vessel’s Master.”
Anyone needing clarification of this should contact Brownsea Island Ferries Ltd.
- Transport is provided on the quay on Brownsea Island for any patron who has difficulty making their own way to Church Field where the performances take place. This does not have to be pre-booked, but patrons are advised to let BOAT know when ordering tickets of any needs to sit in the auditorium in a wheelchair or other difficulties which mean they would need to be allocated in an appropriate seating area.
Usage of Tickets
Any ticket issued can ONLY be used for :-
(i) the scheduled date specified on the ticket OR
(ii) the contingency date specified on the ticket and then ONLY in the event that the scheduled performance is cancelled and replaced by a performance on the specified contingency date
(iii) Any re-arranged date that BOAT agree to add as a performance date should neither a scheduled performance nor its contingency go ahead
Patrons may use tickets to travel to Brownsea Island on the date of performance ONLY from Poole Quay on Brownsea Island Ferries ONLY at the scheduled times as publicised on the tickets (between 4:00pm and 6:15pm). Anyone wishing to go to Brownsea Island earlier in the day would be subjected to paying the National Trust a fee upon arrival on Brownsea Island.
Cancellation of Scheduled Performances
(i)Due to performances being held in the open air and on an island, BOAT has traditionally allowed for a contingency performance should the scheduled performance be cancelled. A performance may be cancelled for a number of reasons, eg adverse weather at the time, sea conditions, the auditorium and/or acting area causing Health and Safety concerns following bad weather. Hence BOAT performances are held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with days between set aside for contingency purposes. However, BOAT will not cancel any scheduled performance at the first sign of rain and/or because the weather on the contingency date is forecast to be better, although BOAT will and does always monitor responsibly all forecasts for weather and sea conditions. Patrons should also be aware that the weather on the Island frequently differs from that on the mainland and that even on a hot day the evening can become cold. Patrons should take responsibility to cater for this by bringing appropriate waterproofs and warm clothing.
(ii) BOAT will always aim to perform on the scheduled date if possible. It is very much in the interests of the Company, as well as patrons, that the show goes on. After months of preparation and rehearsals, BOAT will always want to give patrons the best that can be offered. A condition on the purchasing of tickets for any BOAT production is that BOAT Management will take responsibility for deciding whether a performance goes ahead and that decision is final.
(iii) BOAT monitors weather forecasts throughout the day and up-to-date information will be available online and on the mobile telephone service that BOAT provide on performance dates.
(iv) BOAT may call off a scheduled performance at any time before the scheduled start time of 7:00pm. Anyone on the Island at the time a performance is called off will be transported back to Poole Quay and tickets will be valid for the contingency performance the following evening.
(v) Once a performance begins, BOAT is obliged to continue and perform the whole play unless, in a very rare circumstance, it becomes unsafe to do so. In wet conditions, when BOAT considers it right to do so, the performance may actually continue in blacks or waterproofs rather than costume. Once a performance starts, there will be NO contingency performance the following evening.
(vi) It is important for patrons to be aware of and note the contingency dates for performances in the event that any scheduled performance is cancelled. A condition of sale is that it is each ticket holder’s responsibility to be available for the contingency date and there are no refunds if the scheduled performance is cancelled and the ticket holder is unable to attend the contingency date.
(vii) There can be no refunds if unable to attend either the scheduled or contingency performance, whichever takes place.
(viii) Should both the scheduled and contingency performance be cancelled then BOAT will endeavour to arrange another date for that performance. That date, unlike the original and contingency, would not have been committed to by patrons at the point of sale, so if unable to attend a performance offered patrons will be able to request a refund equivalent to the ticket price
Health & Safety and Key Information
- Patrons who purchase tickets must ensure that ALL members of your party are aware of the following in advance of the performance date and also that they have read the Terms and Conditions agreed to when purchasing. A condition on purchasing tickets is that it is each ticket holder's responsibility to be available for the contingency performance AS WELL as the scheduled performance date.
- The contingency performance will ONLY take place if the performance does not take place on the scheduled date. If the scheduled performance is cancelled there are no refunds for those unable to attend the contingency performance. No refunds in any circumstance where a performance is abandoned after it has started.
- All decisions regarding ability to perform are the responsibility of the BOAT trustees and are final.
- Only Brownsea Island Ferries LTD (yellow boats) will ferry patrons to the Island for performances. These will leave POOLE QUAY at approximately 4:00pm; 4:30pm; 5:00pm; 5:40pm & 6:15pm.
- Patrons cannot reserve specific boats in advance but will be able to board a boat on a first come first served basis. Brownsea Island Ferries Ltd will reserve the right for any boat to leave Poole Quay early if all seats are taken in advance of the scheduled time. Each patron will need to hold and show their own printed ticket before boarding at Poole Quay. Patrons will not be permitted to use tickets before 4:00pm. Please note that the 4:00pm and 4:30pm boats are daily scheduled services and therefore non-BOAT passengers will have priority over ticket holders for BOAT. Note also that on all boats travelling to the Island that members of BOAT company, including cast, also have priority on boarding
- Ticket holders are responsible for ensuring they arrive in plenty of time at Poole Quay before the last boat leaves for Brownsea Island. Refunds can NOT be claimed for those who miss the last boat in any circumstances. It is recommended to park at the nearby multi-storey car park (postcode BH15 1SB) by 6:00pm at the very latest. Do always allow for traffic on your journey to Poole Quay
- Prior to the date of the performance: Any problems relating to tickets purchased online or in person from BH Live - contact BH Live (https://www.bic.co.uk/contact-us). Any problems relating to tickets purchased by post or for any general enquiries - including pre-booking of picnic chairs - please contact the BOAT box office telephone answer service on 07845782924 or by email ([email protected])
- On the date of the performance: If the ONLY reason you need to contact anyone is to check that the performance is going ahead or not, it is suggested that the first port of call should be to visit the BOAT website (www.brownsea-theatre.co.uk) where up to date information will be available on the Home Page, or on BOAT’s Facebook page from 10am on the morning of the performance until the last boat leaves Poole Quay at 6:15pm. It is suggested that patrons only use the mobile phone service if unable to access the internet or have any urgent situation that needs to be attended to on the way to Poole Quay. BOAT's mobile number 07845782924 will be available for this service, on answerphone from 10:00am to 3:45pm and usually answered in person between 4:00pm and 6:15pm. If the performance is cancelled early a recorded message may instead be already in place.